Monday, August 11, 2008

Inspirational thought

I am not usually one to seek or to write inspiring words. I have nothing against inspiration, but I am likely to be more inspired by a probability assessment than something that tugs at my heart. But the minister on Sunday offered this:

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."--Thomas Alva Edison

I note that the two sentences are separate and don't know if they are two separate quotes or not...probably, but together, this is worth thinking about.

As one who submitted 11 times before getting my first academic article published, I can relate to this.

No comments:

Blog Directory - Blogged The Steiger Counter at Blogged