Thursday, February 19, 2009

Right leaning blogs are straining

I found this posted at INSTAPUNDIT this morning:

February 19, 2009
FREE SPEECH IN THE AGE OF OBAMA: “An Oklahoma City police officer wrongly pulled over a man last week and confiscated an anti-President Barack Obama sign the man had on his vehicle.” Plus this: “”When I was on my way there, the Secret Service called me and said they weren’t going to ransack my house or anything … they just wanted to (walk through the house) and make sure I wasn’t a part of any hate groups.” Since when do government officials search homes to ensure the absence of impure political thoughts?

If something like this had happened with Bush, it would have been proof that fascism was descending had descended upon America.

Posted at by Glenn Reynolds at 10:08 am


I think such behavior by the local police or the Secret Service is abysmal.

but two things here: First, the very suggestion that Presdent Obama even knows anyting about this is ridiculous. This is likely SOP for the Secret Service AFTER the Bush years. I hope President Obama will begin to turn the tide.

Second, this is Oklahoma. It is Oklahoma City. I can understand the nervousness of the police officer though the behavior is still inexscusable.

The above snarky comment, meant to sound so insightful reflects, to me, a lack of understanding of how "stuff" works. Although I suspect that is not the case, it is just an excuse to find something to say negative about the President.

No comments:

Blog Directory - Blogged The Steiger Counter at Blogged